Tennis court grant to go ahead

Golden's grant application to have the tennis courts resurfaced has proven successful.

Golden’s grant application to have the tennis courts resurfaced has proven successful, with Columbia Basin Trust announcing that the Town’s application will go forward.

“The project includes filling cracks and re-levelling the surface to reduce or eliminate surface water ponding, plus applying an enhanced non-slip surface with vibrant new colour,” said Mayor Ron Oszust. “Our goal is to make the tennis courts safer and more enjoyable, extending their life while enticing people to use them more often.”

The estimated cost of the work is $50,000, with CBT covering up to 70 per cent of the final total and the Town chipping in the remaining 30 per cent.

The grant comes through the Columbia Basin Trust’s Recreation Infrastructure grant program, which accepted its first intake this spring.

The second round of applications are due in July.

 

Just Posted

It’s the last day to vote in B.C.’s referendum on electoral reform

Ballots must now be dropped off in person to meet the deadline of 4:30 p.m.

Golden Sound Fest takes hiatus until 2020, unless funds can be raised

After a huge year for Golden Sound Festival, the festival coordinators have… Continue reading

Your weekly Mountain Minute news recap

The Golden Star’s weekly 60-second news recap… Continue reading

Rockets defeated on the road

The Golden Rockets suffered two back to back losses in their away… Continue reading

EDITORIAL: Words can hurt

These days, we have so many different ways to communicate at our… Continue reading

VIDEO: This B.C. school leads country in vaccine donations to UNICEF

Federally funded Kids Boost Immunity uses quizzes to earn vaccinations

Boeser scores 3, Pettersson has 5 points as Canucks hammer Blues

Vancouver picks up impressive 6-1 win in St. Louis

B.C. police stop drunk driver who offered up burger instead of ID

Roadblock checks over the weekend found at least two other impaired drivers

In Canada, the term ‘nationalism’ doesn’t seem to have a bad rap. Here’s why

Data suggest that Canadians don’t see the concept of nationalism the way people do in the United States

Small quake recorded west of Vancouver Island

No injuries or tsunami warning after 5.4 rumble felt some 400 kilometres from Victoria

B.C. suspends Chinese portion of Asian forestry trade mission due to Huawei arrest

Huawei’s chief financial officer Meng Wanzhou was detained at the request of U.S. in Vancouver

Canadians spent $1.7 billion dollars online in December 2017

Online retail sales accounted for 3.4 per cent of total retail sales

2-year investigations nets $900,000 in refunds for payday loan customers

Consumer Protection BC says selling practices were ‘aggressive and deceptive’

New Kootenay East Regional Hospital District Board elected

Redeveloping East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook a priority for new hospital district board

Most Read