Update 10:15 p.m.
The White Rock Lake wildfire has prompted the Regional District of Central Okanagan (RDCO) to issue an evacuation alert for several Westside Road homes.
All properties accessed from Westside Road located between Westshore Estates and Bear Forest Service Road (north of Traders Cove) are on evacuation alert. Traders Cove itself is not included in the alert.
“Residents and/or campers in the area are advised to be ready to leave their home at a moment’s notice,” states a Sunday night news release from Central Okanagan Emergency Operations.
“They should be prepared to be away from their home for an extended period of time, make arrangements for pets and pack essential items such as medicines and important documents.”
Several homes along the northern portion of the road were ordered evacuated earlier Sunday evening by the RDCO, Regional District of North Okanagan and Okanagan Indian Band.
The Thompson-Nicola Regional District and Columbia-Shuswap Regional District have also issued evacuation orders and alerts since the fire sparked on July 13.
Currently, the fire is an estimated 32,000 hectares in size.
Update: 8:06 p.m.
The Regional District of North Okanagan (RDNO) has issued evacuation orders for properties south of Six Mile Creek Road in Electoral Area B (above Westside Road) due to White Rock Lake Fire.
The following addresses are asked to evacuate immediately because of the immediate danger of life and safety:
- 464, 140 of Whiteman Creek Road
- 442, 503, 545, 550, 560, 651, 655, 659, 661, 730, 735, 801, 809, 878, 890, 901, 1001, 1070, 1075, 1135, 1195, 1221, 1250, 1470 of Six Mile Creek Road
- 485, 351, 425, 252, 631, 635 of Nashwito Road
- 17, 65 Cain Road
- 305, 311, 315, 79, 75 of Beau Park Road
- 59 Beatrice Road
- 10, 15, 50, 93 of Banks Road
- 278, 267, 225, 221, 235 of Siwash Creek Road
The evacuation order previously issued for properties along Bouleau and Pinaus Lake remains in effect. The evacuation alert for properties along Irish Creek Road in Electoral Area B remains in effect.
Update: 7:35 p.m.
The evacuation alert issued on Friday, July 31 for properties in the Regional District of the Central Okanagan (RDCO) in response to the White Rock Lake Wildfire has been raised to an evacuation order. A local state of emergency has been issued for the RDCO along North Westside Road, and an evacuation order has been issued for all properties in Westshore Estates.
Properties on Evacuation Order include:
- 11100 Antler Road
- 801 Beau Park Road
- 11000 Bouleau Lake Road
- Select properties on Bouleau Lake Road (no civic address, please see map)
- 980 Gates Road
- 10780 Whiteman Creek Road
- 11140 Whiteman Creek Road
- Select properties on Whiteman Creek Road (no civic address, please see map).
- All properties in Westshore Estates
All residents in the properties on evacuation order should leave their properties immediately and report to Emergency Social Services (ESS). Evacuees can pre-register with ESS online at ess.gov.bc.ca. Evacuees will still need to visit the ESS Reception Centre in order to receive the appropriate forms to access these services.
An Emergency Support Services (ESS) reception centre for evacuated residents is located at 1480 Sutherland Ave in Kelowna. ESS volunteers are available to help affected Central Okanagan residents. Evacuees must report to the reception centre to receive any assistance and lodging.
As of Sunday evening, the White Rock Lake wildfire had grown to 32,000 hectares.
An evacuation order has been issued Sunday afternoon, Aug. 1, by the Okanagan Indian Band due to immediate danger to life safety caused by White Rock Lake Wildfire
Members of the local RCMP, Search and Rescue and other applicable agencies will be expediting this action.
Vernon North Okanagan RCMP officers are on the ground assisting the @OkanaganBand with an evacuation order on Westside Road. A list of affected properties and additonal information related to the order can be found at: https://t.co/9vXBi57Qrm https://t.co/o181TYepXy pic.twitter.com/18BITD9oTb
— Vernon North Okanagan RCMP (@VernonNOkRCMP) August 2, 2021
The Evacuation Order is in effect for the following areas:
Subdivisions located below the Whiteman Creek drainage, south of the Mud Hole, including Parker Cove and Whiteman subdivision.
153 Robins Nest Rd. 10993 Westside Rd. 8 Parker Rd.
149 Robins Nest Rd. 10987 Westside Rd. 9 Parker Rd.
145 Robins Nest Rd. 10979 Westside Rd. 33 Parker Rd.
141 Robins Nest Rd. 10973 Westside Rd. 22 Parker Rd.
137 Robins Nest Rd. 10969 Westside Rd. 12 Parker Rd.
133 Robins Nest Rd. 10965 Westside Rd.
129 Robins Nest Rd. 10961 Westside Rd. 19 Ki-Low-Na Rd.
125 Robins Nest Rd. 10957 Westside Rd. 17 Ki-Low-Na Rd.
121 Robins Nest Rd. 10875 Westside Rd. 15 Ki-Low-Na Rd.
10877 Westside Rd. 13 Ki-Low-Na Rd.
32 Robins nest Ln. 10879 Westside Rd. 11 Ki-Low-Na Rd.
26 Robins Nest Ln. 10771 Westside Rd. 10 Ki-Low-Na Rd.
20 Robins Nest Ln. 10772 Westside Rd. 9 Ki-Low-Na Rd.
38 Robins Nest Ln. 10770 Westside Rd. 8 Ki-Low-Na Rd.
44 Robins Nest Ln. 10641 Westside Rd. 16 Ki-Low-Na Rd.
50 Robins Nest ln. 10641 Westside Rd. 61 Ki-Low-Na Rd.
56 Robins Nest Ln. 10631 Westside Rd. 80 Ki-Low-Na Rd.
62 Robins Nest Ln. 10621 Westside Rd. 96 Ki-Low-Na Rd.
68 Robins Nest Ln. 10611 Westside Rd.
10541 Westside Rd. 9 Chief Saddleman Rd.
17 Beau Park Rd. 10531 Westside Rd. 19 Chief Saddleman Rd.
25 Beau Park Rd. 10521 Westside Rd. 18 Chief Saddleman Rd.
Ben Miles Flat Rd. 10511 Westside Rd. 48 Chief Saddleman Rd.
10859 Clifford Rd. 10438 Westside Rd. Lot 12
10809 Westside Rd.
Osprey Ave. Qui Qui Tasket Ln.
Nighthawk Ave. Hummingbird Ave.
Loon Ave. 112 Lawrence Ln.
Kingfisher Ave. 110 Lawrence Ln.
Elk St. 222 Lawrence Ln.
Jay Ave. 228 Lawrence Ln.
Ibis Ave. 237 Lawrence Ln.
Hummingbird Ave. 233 Lawrence Ln.
Cougar St. 175 Lawrence Ln.
Deer St. 24 Lawrence Ln.
Those affected by the order must leave the area immediately.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• If you have lodging available to you and do not require immediate assistance, please head to that location and follow up with ESS reception at a later time;
• Band members: follow the travel route provided and register at: Head of the Lake Hall, 118 Head of the Lake Road Vernon, BC;
• Non-Band members: please register at 1480 Sutherland Ave, Kelowna;
• If you need transportation assistance from the area, advise the OKIB EOC at 250-306-8477;
• Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers;
• Close all windows and doors;
• Close gates (latch) but do not lock;
• Gather your family and, if you have room, take a neighbour or someone needing transportation. Do not use more vehicles than you have to;
• Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available;
• Take pets in pet kennels or on leash with food and water;
• If you have left pets and are not able to take them with you please notify the reception center;
• Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
If you require transportation, the following Assembly Points have been established as pick-up areas. Please call 250-306-8477 to confirm that you require transportation:
• Lawrence Lane and Westside Rd;
• Ki-Low-Na Road and Westside Rd;
• Beau Park Road and Westside Rd.
Further information will be issued when available. For the most up-to-date information visit Facebook: OKIB Official and OKIB Public pages, or www.okib.ca for more information.
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Want to support local journalism? Make a donation here.