With the rapid global spread of COVID-19, the B.C. government has placed a ban on all events of more than 250 people.
In light of this news, several events are being cancelled or postponed until the spread can be curbed. The Golden Star will be keeping a list of cancelled and postponed events and will continue to update this list as more information becomes known.
Cancelled or postponed events:
- B.C. PeeWee provincial championship has been cancelled, along with the Flames Alumni game that was associated with the event.
- The annual seed swap hosted by Local Food Matters has been postponed indefinitely.
- The women’s centre is closed until further notice.
- Big Time Small Town at the Civic Centre to be held on Saturday night has been postponed until a later, safer date.
- Irish Mythen, scheduled for March 21, has been cancelled by the artist
- Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is closed for a minimum period of seven days
- My Nicholson Store is closed for a period of two weeks
- Effective immediately, all Golden Seniors Community Centre functions are cancelled. This includes Soup Day on March 27.
- St. Paul’s Thrift Shop has been temporarily closed.
- The Golden Hospice Society will be closed until the end of March, when the situation will be re-assessed.
- Public swim at the Travelodge has been cancelled for the time being.
- Wildsight AGM has been postponed.