This historic photo is of George McDermot, a retired newspaper man, who came to Golden and took over the business previously opened by Mr. Lang. The business, opened in 1884 was a general merchandise store catering to miners and settlers. This building sat where Higher Ground is located today.

~ Golden Museum

From the Golden archives

George McDermot

This historic photo is of George McDermot, a retired newspaper man, who came to Golden and took over the business previously opened by Mr. Lang. The business, opened in 1884 was a general merchandise store catering to miners and settlers. This building sat where Higher Ground is located today.

~ Golden Museum

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

GoldenhistoryLocal History